Cover photo by Todd Richmond, Nostatic.com

Monday, October 29, 2012

Until I'm Dust


 In honor of Halloween and the return of the Walking Dead, 
how about a sweet little love song...
with an edge?  
From the boisterous and lovely Kim Lenz and the Jaguars.
For more information on Kim Lenz see here, and her official Facebook page here.


I'm a zombie zombie zombie for your love.
I'm a zombie zombie zombie for your love.

I've lost all sense of reason,
I've no will of my own.
Have you I must.
You know I'm just 
a zombie for your love. 

I crave your flesh
You know I'm just 
a zombie for your love.

Until I'm dust

You know I'm just
a zombie for your love.


When I grow up (ahahaha), I want to play Rockabilly
There's always been something about the twangy guitars, the upbeat Texas swing tempo, and - good god - the slap bass that holds an awful lot of appeal.

Arguably, the most commonly known modern rockabilly group of the last 30 years is the Stray Cats, but actually there's a huge rockabilly subculture, and host of current bands pursuing the tradition. 

There's a rockabilly hall of fame.
There are rockabilly blogs: here and here.
There are online rockabilly guitar lessons.  (Yummy Gretsch guitar as a bonus!)
And here's a UK take on the ethos and culture.
This is just a tiny sampling of all the rockabilly culture. Go out and find - or better yet - create more in your own corner of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment